To award outstanding achievement and to attract students of the highest calibre from around the world, the University offers a
number of international scholarships. The scholarship is applicable only on the tuition fee. Details of the scholarships are as follows.
|Main Criteria for Award of Scholarship
|Marks in the qualifying exam
|More than 85%
||20% of tuition fee
|More than 75% but less than 85%
||10% of tuition fee
Terms and Condition for the Scholarship
- Grant of Scholarship is subject to verification and authentication of
the information, certificates and other documents as required by the
- Percentage in the Qualifying examination represents percentage of
aggregate marks and for the purpose of calculation of aggregate
marks, in addition to the marks obtained in the subjects considered
essential by awarding board / university for passing the examination,
marks obtained in other subject(s) as and if prescribed under the
respective eligibility criteria of LPU will also be taken into account. If
student is not able to satisfy the eligibility criteria as per the criteria
mentioned above, then all the subjects registered for the purpose of
qualifying exam may be considered for calculating aggregate marks
for Admissions only not for the purpose of scholarship.
- Unless otherwise specifically decided by the University, Scholarship
can be opted at the time of filing application for admission but not
after the last date of Admissions for the concerned programme. In
case student has not opted for Scholarship within the stipulated time
period claim for the Scholarship cannot be made at later stage.
- In case, an applicant is eligible for Scholarship scheme as well as for
any other monetary benefit under any other scheme or policy of LPU,
then he / she has to opt for only one scheme of his/her choice.
- In addition to LPU Scholarship,, If a student gets scholarship from a
Government / NGO / any other organization, then LPU Scholarship
will be restricted to amount obtained by subtracting scholarship
received from Government / NGO / any other organization from total
applicable fees (including charges for Residential/ Transport/Food
Facility, If any subject to maximum for a year for Non-AC three seater
- If a student earlier admitted for a programme under scholarship
scheme, later on applies for programme transfer; he will not be
entitled for the scholarship for the changed programme in case last
date of Scholarship scheme, for that changed programme, is
- Scholarship scheme is applicable only on annual Tuition fee as
prescribed under the head "Programme details with Tuition Fee
Structure" in International Booklet 2013 and Prospectus 2013 and
does not include fee for various other requirements / facilities like
Backlog / re-appear / Make up fee etc. as mentioned under the head
'Other Fee' in General Admission Guidelines of International Booklet
2013 or otherwise prescribed by the university.
- Scholarship Scheme is for the normal duration of the programme.
However if student takes more than normal duration to pass the
programme, he will not be entitled for Scholarship for duration in
excess of normal duration. In case of Dual Degree / Integrated Programmes, Scholarship
scheme is applicable only for first program / diploma and not for
- 200 Scholarships in total for the international students may be
awarded subject to maximum of 25% of total international students
admitted in the University in 2013 session. However the number of
award of scholarship may be reviewed on 1st and 15th of every month and may be continued/ reduced/ withdrawn as decided by
- If at any stage, it is found that a student has concealed, suppressed,
distorted any information / fact(s) which would have rendered him
ineligible for admission and/or Scholarship or student has been
admitted and/or Scholarship has been awarded by default by the
University, then the admission and/or Scholarship will stand
cancelled and the concerned candidate shall be liable to return the
amount of scholarship awarded by the university not withstanding
other action taken as per law of the land.
- If at any stage, it is found that Scholarship has been awarded by the
university or in excess of that the student is eligible for, due to default
whatsoever then the student will be given Scholarship as and if
entitled as per the policy specified in International Booklet 2013 and
any additional amount awarded by default to student shall be
- In addition to other terms and conditions as prescribed from time to
time, only those students will be eligible for scholarship in
subsequent terms / years:
- Against whom No Disciplinary action has been initiated or taken
during their stay at LPU.
- Who has never been charged for Academic Misconduct or Use
of Unfair Means in LPU.
- Scholarship Scheme is not applicable for
- Distance Learning Programmes,
- Diploma/ Certificate Programme of Hotel Management after
10th, M.Phil, M.Phil-Ph.D. integrated and Ph.D Programmes
- English Language Programme
- Any other Programme as decided by the University
- Relaxation in eligibility wherever offered like considering higher
qualification in place of qualifying exam and any other such
relaxation is only for determining eligibility criteria for admission and
shall not be considered for the purpose of Scholarship. However
waiving off English as a compulsory subject, if applicant studied in
English medium or has studied Computer Science Course may be
considered for Scholarship as and if decided by the university.
- In case of any matter not covered here in and / or for interpretation of
any content, the decision of the competent authority of the
University shall be final and binding on all concerned.